Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The more you know

Did you know Wmart now sells bags of potatoes with the Toy Story characters on the plastic bag? I guess if it will get kids to eat potatoes then great but I would just buy a pack of stickers and decorate my regular (but always Idaho) bag of potatoes.

Yesterday when I got out of the store it was hailing. Not snow but little balls of hail. I guess every season has hail/snow here (yes one time in June I saw it snow).

I try to do my part in saving the environment or making my footprint not so huge by sorting and recycling. But if the world ever runs out of paper towels then I am refusing to clean my toilet until they make some more - just so you know.

If it's almost 50 degrees outside that gives little 13 year olds the permission to dress like prostitutes. We were driving home from seeing the baby bears at a local promotion and we saw a group of 5 girls dressed in short booty shorts and short sleeve tight shirts walking down the street. Maybe I'm getting old because I was SO appalled. I guess when I have preteen girls I'll have to hire a conservative woman to make only pioneer / long dresses for them. I'm sure my kids will love me.

Did you know chicken nuggets are made out of the chicken guts and bone marrow. I watched the Jamie Oliver experiment last night and was grossed out. But what did I buy a couple of hours before watching the show? Hot dogs and chicken nuggets (some of Buddy's favorites). And am I going to stop feeding him those (few) things that he likes to eat? Nope. John said his old coworker used to make her own chicken nuggets (by cutting and breading chicken breasts) but I don't want to - that's why they're so nice already made & in the bag. I don't know what I'm going to do - it was really disgusting - I guess I'll just keep offering (and force feeding) him some good things and hope that balances out the bad (gross).

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Becky - this was a hysterical post. Having watched the same Oliver show you did - I am not prepared to give up feeding the kids nuggets...however, I may not eat them ;) Your tone was just perfect for this post! Thanks.

wlb said...

You should go on the road. This was like a one act piece...a comic in front of an audience...I love your observations!

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing your random thoughts. It's nice to know that others have the same random thoughts that run through my head as well.

Anonymous said...

Jamie Oliver does make me reconsider a lot of what I eat. I gave up processed meat a long time ago. When he dumped the sloppy joes in the milk I had to turn the channel!

I'm with you on the 13 year olds and their clothes. Sad. And I'm with you on the paper towels!