Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, March 19, 2010

All Armpits are UGLY!

Went formal dress shopping the other day with my mom, my sister in law, and my baby sister. I can't believe that Kim is old enough to go to her senior prom. And she's so smart too - she got so many scholarships and got into ALL the colleges she applied for. I guess everyone does grow up - quicker than one realizes, especially if you don't see them every day.
It was amazing to see the different styles and imagine people actually wearing some of the dresses to their prom. One was a dalmatian dress - white with black spots and a red belt. Probably something Cruela Devil would wear if she was a teenager.
I personally would choose the bright - past neon- yellow dress in the window of the shop. It was "so pretty" as Ali would say and SO poofy.
Ali and I also looked as the women tried on their bridal dresses and became quite critiques. We also found a beautiful dress for Ali, for if she gets remarried to Mike (LOL).
Kim found a couple to try on, and the owner of the shop was helping everyone that day with suggestions of alterations to make their dresses fit better. My sister was concerned because she couldn't lift her arms in a dress (hey, it's her prom. She wants to be semi comfortable and be able to dance, right?). The owner said "well you don't want to show off your armpits. All armpits are UGLY! If you want to be able to move your arms more, you should consider a sleeveless dress."
Well - I learned something new - all armpits are UGLY. I knew they were a pain to shave and that they stink if you don't put on enough deodorant, but I didn't know they were UGLY.
Needless to say, she thinks she found the dress. Despite the price tag - it is beautiful and looks beautiful on her.
She's a little worried about purchasing a dress, not having a date yet but I told her the same thing happened to me. I didn't have a date until the Monday before prom (and I think my date might have been bribed by a teacher to ask me, but whatever). At least I got to go. And I think that Kim has enough friends (who have graduated) that she could convince them to return to the loveliness that is high school for one night, just so she could experience her senior prom. If not, she could always promenade with Buddy - he is a good walker (if you can slow him down and get him not to run).

0 comments: