Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog surfing across the universe.....

Did I already do a post on this? I can't remember. I could look it up but that would be too much work. Maybe I should stop giving a Slice of Life because my slice of life is boring and repetitive and (do you think) clogging my blog? Well at least more people are reading it.
Blog surfing again today off of my blogger/google/whatever-its-called reader. Went from Cathy Z's site & found McSweeney's. Pretty funny stuff. I especially appreciate the Open Letter section. I've done that before. I find it therapeutic & fun.
Friday I found that blog surfing - or crawling (I prefer surfing) is becoming an actual event. Weird but I participated. Mainly because I was bored and the books I'm reading (or the books that are on my shelves) aren't really grabbing my attention (probably because a lot of them are non-fiction). But it paid off - I won a cute homemade basket with candy. It will probably cost more for her to ship it to me than it did for the materials - but hey - it's free for me and a cute decoration for my house.
I don't really do holiday decor (except of course Christmas). I don't know why- most of the stuff just isn't my style. And I don't really have a place in my house to display it (except on my kitchen counter).
Well off to read my brother's statement of purpose (for grad school - although maybe I should make one) and then to "your two year old: terrible or tender". LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
What's more fun than surfing as a blogger? I've been blogging for a few years and try and post every day with a photo and some writing. I wonder sometimes, have I written that same thing before? Hmmm.
But even if I did, I think I'm getting better at writing. What about you?
Bonnie

Stephanie McCabe said...

this is totally unrelated to your post--although i enjoyed reading it! -- but i followed the goodreads link and i LOVE that site! i'm trying to figure out how to have it on my wordpress site, but haven't so far. any advice?

Becky said...

Stephanie - go to goodreads & under "widgets" (http://www.goodreads.com/user/edit?tab=widgets) it gives you a script unique to your account. copy and go to your blogger account - under layout - add HTML & paste the script. Hope this helps. Oh wait- you want it on wordpress. do they have an "add HTML" feature? hopefully so. good luck

Unknown said...

It's amazing the new activities and events we invent to put our technology to work...or to give ourselves an excuse to do what we want to do. Blog surfing sounds like virtual geocaching. Thanks for the Slice.