Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Objects of Affection

I took this idea from Margaret Mason's book No One Cares What you Had for Lunch because today I am just Blogging to Blog. I've reached a creative block today
In a fire, after all the people & pets are out of your house what would you grab? I would grab:
1. Faith's scrapbook (which is still - after six years - missing about 6 layouts I need to complete). I've used her scrapbook as a purpose for retail therapy (a way to cope with mourning). Once it's complete I plan on scanning in all the pages & putting it on a dvd or cd - storing it in two seperate fire safes (one at our house & one @ my parents) and maybe (if I feel like it's still "not done") sending the pages to Heritage makers & getting it made into a real book.
2. My laptop. I heart my macbook and they don't make them in black any more - so mine is precious to me. I use it every day as a link to the world outside my toddler-run house.
3. John's dying laptop. It has his projects (which mean $) on it and although he's needed to replace it for about 3 years - he keeps waiting until mac incorportates something (I can't remember - probably because I just hear it as another excuse).
4. Buddy's blankie & puppy. This is assuming that we didn't grab them when we grabbed him - to escape the fire. He loves the soft quilters (?) binding on his blanket. As long as "Puppy" (yes that's his name - we're very creative) is with us - no matter where we are - it's an ok place to be.
5. My Faithy picture. It has a picture of her as well as an additional verse to I am a Child of God. I'll have to post a picture of it some other day. It has a beautiful frame as well.
6. My car. Well I would drive it out of the garage. We have a little first aid kit, some diapers, and a couple of cereal bars in there. I figure we could use it to store our stuff (that we save) in as well as use it to travel to my grandma's house (where we would probably sleep if we lost everything).
7. Deoderant, a change of clothes for each of us, and Buddy's diaper bag. Pretty self-explanatory .
Seven (well more if you count each item #7) things. That's not too bad - if I do say so myself.
What would you save?

3 comments:

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks for the book suggestion. I am going to download it right now on my kindle ,and then I am going to follow your lead.
Since I am on a cleanse, no one REALLY cares what I had for lunch!:)

Anonymous said...

If I were the only one at home, then I'd save:
My wedding album
My computer & my husband's computer
My Ketubah (Jewish wedding certificate)
A pearl necklace my Grandma gave me
I'm not sure what else...
SAS

Denise said...

Love this list & might have to borrow the idea for one of my slices!!