Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain & Randomness

Doing the Slice of Life challenge this month has made me realize that I rant about a lot of random things. Today is no exception.
It has been blustering, blowing, and raining since before I was woken up by it @ 2:30 this morning. Then I heard Buddy wake up coughing and crying (poor guy, I hate colds).
It did stop briefly so I moseyed us out of the house to go to story time at the library - only to arrive 10 minutes late (like usual) and find that story time is cancelled this week. Would it have killed anyone to tell us this last week when we were there? So of course I felt stupid because Buddy didn't really want to go out and I definitely didn't want to go out but here we were at the library again. We read three stories, talked to some moms (yeah, I actually recognized and talked to people today even though I felt like a sluggish pile of bricks), grabbed a video (we didn't deceive ourselves into thinking we need some more stories to read when we have piles all over the house or that we would actually read any more new books today- we went straight for the easy entertainment - Sense and Sensibility for me & Baby Einstein numbers for Buddy) and headed home.
I called my mom & ranted about the suckiness that I feel is my life today, put in the video for Buddy, and then heated up leftover pizza for me & macaroni for Buddy. He actually ate (which is great because last night's dinner consisted of a bottle of milk - I couldn't even bribe him with treats. He really must feel like crap). And then we watched Milo & Otis while I put away dishes.
Nap time came & here I am - finishing the laundry I didn't finish yesterday, blog surfing, and blogging.
Puddles are forming on/in my lawn, but the mysterious stench from last night has disappeared. I guess I should count my blessings (those of which don't include: the fact I have to go for a quarterly check up tonight @ the doctors -which I think is utterly pointless and a waste of time and money for the whole company my husband works for and the fact that we are going to Happy Valley this weekend because John's parents are flying down there - which I hate because 1 - it's Happy Valley and 2 - I avoid traveling any where within a hour of downtown Salt Lake on General Conference weekend).

Two more randomness thoughts from blog surfing before I go lay down:
Have you ever known anyone this prepared for their first baby? I haven't even decorated Buddy's room (and he's almost two).
I bought an Easy School Lunch System today. Even though it will be 3 or 4 years before Buddy takes school lunch. It was on sale. Maybe John will use it.

What do you do when it's pouring outside (and sometimes in your life)?

0 comments: