Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm grateful for 9 am church

I know - it's almost been a year since my last post.  Life gets busy but we will see about using this blog as a family journal this year.

We got moved to the 9 am slot this year for church because the other ward (that was supposed to be in that slot) is so huge that they need every room to meet in so they HAVE to meet at 1.  I guess they have 80 kids in their junior primary and need every chair in that room set up.  SAD day!  I bet they change the ward boundaries soon but are just waiting to form a new stake (our stake has 9 wards already).

It's hard to get up (well for me to sleep because I know I have to get up) that early & get the kids fed & out the door but it's good practice for school days (Buddy says already that he "doesn't like early church" because he likes to have time to doddle & play in the morning.  I"m hoping for afternoon kindergarten next year.).

John & I got switched to teach the 7 turning 8 yr olds.  I'm so excited to be able to share this special year with these kids (8 is the typical age of baptism for children in our church).

Buddy had a hard time in the beginning with his new teacher but J is a champ at nursery (when John drops him off).

I feel like today is new years - with new possibilites and new goals.  I'm excited.  Now if I could only express the importance of goals to my two kids. "Mommy has a goal - let's try to be more quiet & not run around so much."  Yeah right :)

J didn't have a very good new year so far - new years day he ran into a door and got a black eye which got bigger when Buddy pushed him down on a toy on the 2nd.  On the 3rd he was chasing after Buddy upstairs and tripped, fell & got a split lip.  Poor guy. After a minute or two he is up and running again with a smile along with his shiner (or other injuries).  I just hope we don't have any MAJOR incidences that involve the ER.

I still need to do some Christmas gifts - yeah I know I"m WAY late.  I'm going to do a bottle (for Buddy's preschool teachers) or can (for my old Primary class kids) of Soda & say "we SODA got busy around the holidays but we still want you to know that we care about you" or something like that.

I love my boys & their smiles & try to look for them each day.  They just love each other (which is a huge blessing) and their Daddy.

0 comments: