Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's easy being green

We didn’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s day growing up. Oh, of course we wore green in lieu of being pinched to death (I think one year I forgot and promptly changed after my brother pinching me at the breakfast table).
Since I’ve been married, we celebrate a little more. No – no green beer drinking. But John makes sure that we eat corned beef and cabbage (if not the night of St. Patrick’s Day, then some time that week). Being married has also brought a little more Irish into my life in the form of our dear Grandpa McCarty. He is such a sweet man and always makes me blush with his complements (on my beauty or how lucky John is to have me in his life). For the McCarty family reunion John spent hours making a traditional Irish knot in the shape of an M for our shirts. It turned out really cool and John’s uncle even used his plotting machine to get it engraved on a wood plaque.
Anyway, I love corned beef and cabbage (oh – especially the cabbage – steamed just the right amount with butter and salt and pepper) and getting to be a part of the McCarty clan!

0 comments: