Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Maybe I'm a bad mom but I am SO excited for this up coming week. I am going on spring break (insert Joey saying woo hooo here) with my little sister and leaving Buddy (aka the Raptor) and John behind (only because John has to work otherwise I'd let him escape reality with me). I have a bunch of books packed (audio & regular - it's going to be a long drive) and I'm bringing my swimsuit (although the weather there hasn't been too warm - it's still warmer than here & there is a pool). It is just what a need - a break from reality (and motherhood) - to recharge my batteries.
Last year John & I went to Ecuador in January and left Buddy with my mom. It was an amazing trip and Buddy cut his first three teeth while we were gone.
This year my mother-in-law is coming to our house to watch Buddy. I think it will be a great bonding time and John will still be here at night so I think Buddy will be fine. I have an awesome hubby (& wonderful mother-in-law) - thanks (in advance) for watching him.
I've decided that I need to take a Buddy-free vacation every year. Makes me appreciate him more and lets me do some mommy-free activities (I'm especially looking forward to sleeping in). Next year - we'll go international again (like Paris or Hawaii) - who's in? Start saving now. Oh - a cruise would be awesome too. Let's do a cruise.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Where are you going? how fun!!!