Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 14, 2010

kids = no sleep

I've decided that being a mom I have to give up a lot of things. Hobbies, going through the drive through & getting myself a treat (cause unfortunately Buddy recognizes any drive through as "sandwich"), not paying for daycare while working out (or working out for more than 1 hour cause I have to speed back to pick him up or I have to pay for another hour & 15 min), going window shopping, long showers, and many more.
Until today, I didn't think I'd have to give up sleep. Sure when you have a newborn - you sleep when they sleep and wake when they need feeding, but you usually get a nap. This morning I was woken up by a new regular feature at our house - the speaking alarm clock.
"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaam, Moooooooooom, Get Up!" "Get Up!" repeated endless times.
But this time it was an hour before I usually get up. UGH!
Ok, I'll get up. And I did, reluctantly, like I do every morning.
But after lunch I am very strict about naps. We read stories then we take a nap. This works cause Buddy is still in a crib (we are thinking - I am dreading - about transitioning this weekend to a twin). I put him in & turn on his music, grab my ear plugs & eye mask, and return to my cocoon of warm blankets & try to sleep for a little bit.
Not today.
Skeletor (aka the baby growing in my womb) decided that nap time meant time to punch mom & jump around for 40 minutes. Yes, for 40 minutes straight I felt more movement out of this little guy than I have in our entire history together.
Seriously, my kids are taking away the one last enjoyment I have to myself. I guess I asked for it when I wanted to be a mom. But someone should have warned me that with two kids you don't get any sleep, it might have deterred me for a little while.

1 comments:

Susan said...

Guess what? You're not going to get that longed-for sleep for about the next 30 years...