Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, March 14, 2011

"Home" is where the heart is..mmwwwwaa

Buddy is helping me blog (his contribution was his favorite letters - the m's w's & a's).
So a week over due - here's the post about our new place.
Where to start? I think it was November when John got an email from an old supervisor saying that the company he works for was hiring. It wasn't the best timing in our minds but must be in Heavenly Fathers. John actually interviewed with this company before we got the job in Idaho Falls and it didn't work out back then but it did for the present. So we decided yes (for a number of reasons) if they could wait until our baby was 6 weeks old. I, nievely, thought "oh I'll be fine & fully recovered by then." What I didn't think about was that not only do bodies not recover as quickly as we would like them to but that I would also have TWO boys ruling my life - and thus prohibit me from accomplishing even the littlest of tasks some days.
Time flew by and it was time to move. Luckily John's parents- "D" & "T" - have moved a lot (since D was in the navy) and they had the time to come to Idaho and help us. But it was more like they did everything and John & I occasionally helped them. Seriously. They got everything packed, loaded in the truck, my house cleaned like it was brand new, unloaded from the truck, and even some stuff put away (like my whole kitchen). Definitely life savers! Plus T was a good emotional sounding board, since she had to leave several of her "dream houses" to relocate for her hubbys job - she knew some of what I was going through.
I basically kept the boys out of the way for the week. :) Buddy and I did most of the things we loved to do around Idaho Falls. We went to play gym, to Hastings (to play trains & with the stuffed animals), and to McDonalds. We missed story time (cause I was exhausted that morning) and the zoo (cause it's still closed for the season). Unfortunately we even missed saying "goodbye" to our neighbors (because our life was so crazy & I didn't think about it after 5 when they are home). We did get to say "see you later" to our playdate friends (and scrapbooking & bookclub friends in my case) and to Sam (and his family). We definitely plan on being back- to sign over our house & visit. We did have some sad moments. I can't remember the times I cried or what I cried about (I'm blaming part of the crying on pp hormones, the other part is just who I am: a boob!). Buddy was emotional too (and acting out to show it). Probably one of the saddest cries I heard from him was when we were dropping T off @ the house and Buddy saw his toy box being loaded into the truck. "I want my toybox! I want in that truck!" :( *Sad*
We stayed the night @ Grandma 2's on Friday because John & D had already started driving the truck and I had a meeting in Rexburg Saturday morning. Then after my meeting (and another fabulous lunch from Grandma), we hit the road. T drove until Brigham City (which has the best Mc D's for toddlers) and the boys & I got a nap. After J was fed and Buddy stretched his legs we continued until we arrived @ our new home.
There the truck was unloaded (thanks to a load of John's family pitching in), our beds were up & made (thanks to my father in law & John), and my kitchen was unpacked (thanks to my brother in law & sister in law)!
My life here is crazy - or it feels crazy. I feel like I get nothing done (because there is so much to do). We took over a lease so the lady didn't feel like she needed to clean before she left (ewww) and the carpets are especially gross but we didn't really notice until all the furniture was in. Boxes are everywhere. We moved into a 1300 sq ft townhome so our single car garage is filled with stuff & there is still stuff everywhere in boxes (that I haven' t been able to unpack). With the boys & still trying to get a nap in (so I"m not totally exhausted and witchy by 6 pm),
I drive John to work (about 5 min away) since we only have the one car. But I told him this morning he needs to find the bus schedule or get another car because loading & unloading the boys is ridiculous in the morning.
I'm about 40 minutes away from my sister & brother in law, so they came over for dinner on Sunday. Other than that I've met my neighbor & their Huge boxer dog (named moose) and that's it.
Other than the cleanliness issue the other thing that is driving me nuts is going up & down these stairs. It makes me realize that I want a ranch style house when we purchase again. :)The new place is nice, small but nice. I don't like the stairs. I've already tripped & got a huge bruise on my arm (and Buddy was holding my hand, so he went head first down a couple of stairs). I don't like the dog poop on every yard (including our front & back patches of grass). Buddy has learned not to walk on grass & every time we pass this one house, on our way to the park, he says "I don't like dog poop. those are bad dogs." LOL - I guess I might be complaining about that too much.
We went to Salt Lake today & stopped by an old friends house. That is nice that we already have friends here - even if they are 30 minutes away. Plus we are spoiled with lots of family around - even if my parents are farther away now.
Trying to look on / stay positive. Some days work more than others. Now it is time to go play with Buddy. :)

0 comments: